New Zealand Immigration Advice

If you wish to apply for a New Zealand visa there are three primary ways to do this:

1. Full the appliance kind yourself

You possibly can choose the visa you want using the Immigration netsite and full the appliance form yourself with the information provided by Immigration New Zealand.

Every visa type has an utility form and accompanying guide. We recommend you read the information before making an attempt to complete the application form.

Don’t fear if you happen to get caught alongside the way; you may contact Immigration New Zealand for help.

2. Engage a licensed immigration adviser

You may have interaction a licensed immigration adviser to help you along with your visa software however they will need to have a current licence.

An individual who supplies New Zealand immigration advice without being licensed or exempt commits an offence.

Before engaging an adviser, check the register of licensed immigration advisers to verify the particular person you are engaging has a sound immigration adviser licence. Check the licence expiry date and type of licence (some advisers could only be able to advise on limited areas).

The Authorities’s Immigration Advisers Authority offers information on who can provide New Zealand immigration advice and explains how you can complain if you’re unhappy. They also present a useful guide about Licensed Immigration Advisers.

Should you’ve got any difficulty discovering a licensed immigration adviser or complaining about one, you may contact the Immigration Advisers Authority directly. The Authority is responsible for licensing immigration advisers, receiving complaints and taking motion in opposition to those giving immigration advice and not using a licence.

3. Engage somebody who is exempt from the license requirements

You too can seek immigration advice from people who find themselves exempt from the requirement to hold a licence.

Outside New Zealand this exemption contains:

schooling agents who are only permitted to present immigration advice on student visas

attorneys with a present New Zealand practising certificates

overseas diplomats and consular employees

workers of the New Zealand Authorities who provide immigration advice as part of their job.

In New Zealand this exemption includes:

legal professionals with a current New Zealand practising certificates

members of Parliament and their employees who present immigration advice as part of their jobs

government employees who give immigration advice as a part of their jobs

volunteers at Neighborhood Law Centres or Residents Advice Bureau.

The Regulation Society netsite may help you find a lawyer or legal agency or check that your current lawyer has a current New Zealand ministerial intervention inz practising certificate.